The history of smart watches is not too broad, but it has given enough time to create authentic icons. Devices that dominate the market, such as the Apple Watch ; sporty and elegant watches, such as the Samsung Watch Active 2 ; and one that marked an era in the beginning of Android Wear, the Motorola Moto 360 .
Do you remember that smartwatch? It broke the trend in smart watches by betting on a really round dial ; however much I had the inconvenience of the lower strip to lighten the brightness sensor. A second generation eliminated that strip, but it did not curdle enough for Motorola to keep the watch range active since Lenovo canceled it. And now comes a third generation of Moto 360 that is not manufactured by Motorola .
The new Moto 360 takes the Motorola brand to offer an updated design and features and with Wear OS
As we said, and despite the fact that the new smartwatch looks like Motorola, it integrates the brand’s key logos such as the M and Moto 360, or maintains the round design of previous generations, this recent iteration is not manufactured by the brand Lenovo property . Instead, eBuyNow , a licensing company, has borrowed the brands to make an updated device adaptation to the times.
Although the manufacturer is not Motorola, the design remains true to the originals; Offering AMOLED round screen, solid stainless steel construction , 20 mm straps and features virtually traced to most watches with Wear OS . These are:
- Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform.
- Display : 1.19 ″ AMOLED, 390 x 390 pixels resolution.
- Measures : 42.8 x 42.8 x 11.68 mm.
- Weight : 52 g (without belt).
- Location : GPS, Glonass, Galileo and Beidou.
- Sensors : accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, ambient light and heart rate sensor.
- Battery : 355 mAh with fast charge (from 0 to 100% in 60 minutes).
- Water resistance : 3 ATM.
- System version : Wear OS.
- Connectivity : Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi b / g / n, NFC.
- Others : 20mm universal belt system, rotating crown button …
The new Moto 360 can be purchased from its website : registration is open to begin shipping in November. In addition, it will reach physical stores in December, but we do not know the global availability. In principle, this Moto 360 would be sold in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom; with a cost of 350 dollars , about 315 euros to change.