With the enormous ease that Android has to be adapted to almost any type of device, Google decided to diversify this system in order to boost from mobile phones to cars; going through televisions, devices that it focuses on Android TV, either on a TV or as a player. And of course, having this system offers several advantages, such as being able to install apps in Apk.
New Nvidia Shield TV Pro: the perfect Android TV to play
Nvidia has launched a new video player and game console in the cloud, the Nvidia Shield TV Pro, which can already be seen on Amazon.
In an Android TV it is as easy to install an application in Apk as to do it in a phone: it is enough to accept the unknown origins, or authorize the app that installs the Apk, so that we can add software without going through the Google Play Store. Not only that: removing installed applications is just as simple. This way you can install them on another Android TV.
Easily extract any application installed in Apk, perfect for installation on another TV or player
Recently I have faced this problem: I have received a new Android TV and one of the apps I usually use was not available for him. So I thought: why not take out the Apk from my old Android TV to install it in the new? Said and done, the process is really simple even though you have to install applications for it.
Let's get into the tutorial, so you can Share the applications installed on your Android TV in Apk:
- You need a file manager that is capable of sharing applications. After trying several, I keep X-plore File Manager.
- Open the file browser and accept the permissions to access the storage of your Android TV.
- Go to the right column and click on Web Storage.
- Click on Add server and choose Google Drive. Or the cloud account you prefer.
- Accept permission to access your Google Drive account (or other cloud service) and you'll have it set up.
- Look at the column on the left, where it says Application Manager. Click here and you will see that all installed apps are displayed.
- Mark the app you want to share and press and hold the accept button on your remote control.
- Go to Share in the menu that has been displayed and Copy to clipboard.
- Go back to the right column, choose your account in the configured cloud and press and hold the accept button on the remote control.
- Choose Paste and the Apk will be uploaded to your account.
Once you have the file in Drive, or any other web storage service, you just have to install X-plore File Manager on any other Android TV to import the extracted Apk and install it. This way you can Share any application installed on your Android TV, come standard with the player or you have installed it from Google Play. It is somewhat cumbersome, but effective. And you can save the Apk in a USB flash drive instead of sharing it with the cloud, for example.