High-end mobiles are getting bigger, it's an irremediable trend that will never stop. Even at the moment we came to think that the limit was on the size of the pocket, devices like the Galaxy Fold arrive and show us that you can still carry larger panels.
If you are one of those who think it is crazy and want a small mobile, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is probably one of the last opportunities you have left to get an ultra-compact mobile. And it is on offer by Cybermonday.
If you are looking for a small mobile, the Xperia XZ2 Compact is excellent
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is not a mobile this year, but is one of the main flagships of Sony last year. It is a mobile that at the level of performance is still excellent, but that over time has remained at a reduced price of 429 euros. On some occasion it has been somewhat cheaper, but it is still one of the best prices.
Xperia XZ2 Compact (left) next to the Xperia XZ2 (right).
This mobile has a 5-inch panel with an aspect ratio of 18: 9, measures 135 × 65 × 12.1 mm and a weight of 168 grams, is the most compact high-end mobile, and possibly one of the last we see. His successor, the Xperia 5, measures 158 x 68 x 8.20 mm, and the next ones don't seem to be bigger.
For those 429 euros we have a terminal with Snapdragon 845 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of expandable storage and Android 9 Pie with update to Android 10 confirmed by the beginning of 2020. For more details, we recommend you read the analysis we did in your day on this terminal.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact review: a small BIG idea
We analyze the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, the undoubted king of compact devices, so relegated to the past today. Will it be worth it?
If you are looking for a more modern compact format alternative, the Galaxy S10e with 142.2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm and 150 grams is another option that you can consider. It costs a little more, and although it is not so small if it is lighter and with better hardware.
Technical characteristics of the Xperia XZ2
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 5-inch IPS LCD screen HDR FullHD + resolution with 18: 9 ratio
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64GB of UFS + microSD storage up to 400GB
- Rear camera 19 megapixel Motion Eye
- Super Slow Motion 960 fps recording up to FullHD
- 4K HDR
- 3D creator
- Front camera with 5MP sensor
- 3D creator in selfie mode
- 2870 mAh battery, with fast charging
- Water and dust resistance IP 65/68
- Operating system: Android 8 Oreo with Sony customization
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB 3.1 Type C, NFC and GPS
- Dimensions: 135 × 65 × 12.1 mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Colors: Black, white, green and orange pink.