For years, Qualcomm has been one of the most important processor manufacturers of Android, being a leader in the high range. One more year, the chip maker has introduced its new best processor, a chip designed for the best mobile phones of 2020.
New Snapdragon 865 and 765: the best of Qualcomm comes with 5G
During 2019 we have seen the first mobile phones with 5G connectivity, a type of network that is in full expansion. A key point for this expansion starts with the manufacturers of mobile processors, mainly responsible for integrating a modem that is capable of satisfying all the needs that the new generation of mobile networks requires.
To date, mobile phones with Qualcomm processor and 5G connectivity did not include such a modem inside the processor, but instead connected externally. The new processors of the brand solve this problem, since this time the processors will come prepared, incorporating into the chip the Snapdragon X55 modem that the company presented a few months ago.
As we saw in the presentation of Huawei, 5G represents a great opportunity for Qualcomm when it comes to offering a better connectivity experience with the Internet of things and greater capacities for Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
All this technology will be included in the new Snapdragon 865 and 765, processors that come to replace the 855 and 730. There will also be a 765G designed for gaming.
A very interesting technology that if they have announced is the Sonic Max 3D ultrasonic fingerprint reader. It is a faster and more accurate fingerprint sensor, but it stands out for offering an area 17 times higher that current fingerprint readers. According to Qualcomm, this will allow new forms of authentication, such as scanning two fingerprints simultaneously.
Key features of Snapdragon 865
- Fifth generation neural motor of 15 TOPS (Twas ORperations Por Ssecond): twice as much as the Snapdragon 855+ and triple than other competing Android.
- ISP for the camera capable of transmitting up to 2 Gigapixels per second.
- 5G Snapdragon X55 modem.
Key features of Snapdragon 765
- Ability to record HDR video in 4K resolution.
- Fifth generation artificial intelligence engine.
- Specific tools for gaming.
- 5G Snapdragon X52 modem.
First mobiles with Snapdragon 865 and 765
Although we still don't know all the specifications, Qualcomm has already revealed which would be some of the first manufacturers that will use their new processors, these models being planned for the first quarter of 2020.
- Xiaomi will present the Mi 10 during the first quarter and will use the Snapdragon 865.
- Oppo will also present a mobile with Snapdragon 865 during the first quarter of 2020.
- Nokia will soon present mobile phones with Snapdragon 765 processor.
- Motorola will be one of the first to use the Snapdragon 765.
Surely we know all these phones during the next Mobile World Congress from Barcelona.
Xiaomi makes the Xiaomi Mi 10 official: it will be among the first with Snapdragon 865
The Xiaomi MI 10 has been confirmed by Xiaomi. It will be the first mobile with Snapdragon 865 and will arrive during the first quarter of 2020.