One of the latest features of Google Maps is the possibility of adding road incidents. These types of incidents allow us to notify other users of the platform, in the same way that the indications of other users will be useful for us on our journeys.
In recent days Google has added a lot of news in the incident section, and taking advantage of the arrival of these we tell you how you can add them to the map, in addition to explaining what each of the incidents is used for.
What are the incidents in Google Maps
The incidents in Google Maps are in a way like traditional road signs. Surely, while driving, you have had some warning that a road is cut and you should take a detour.
The incidents in Google Maps are basically the same, but integrated into the application (and are data that navigation will take into account to prepare the route). There is a crucial difference, yes, and that is that the ads are generated by other users who have found the incident, being an immediate tool.
How do I add an issue to Google Maps?
To add the incidents you will have to be in the navigation mode of Google Maps. It is important to consider that in order to use this mode you will have to touch the mobile, so do not report the incident while driving . Stop the car before or ask the co-pilot to do it for you. It is dangerous to use the mobile while driving.
In navigation you will have to slide the lower menu bar up. Among the options that appear you will have to select Add incident to the map .
What incidents can we report
In the beginning there were few options, but recently Google has added new possibilities for its application. At the time of writing these lines these are available:
- Collision: if you see that a car has collided with another or with some element of the environment.
- Mobile radar : in case you want to notify other drivers of the presence of a mobile radar.
- Retention: if you are in a traffic jam you can notify other drivers to avoid this road.
- Works: driving in a segment of works requires more care, so it is always good to avoid it.
- Cut lane: normally before reaching a cut lane you will find a warning on the spot, but it is always good to know in advance.
- Unused vehicle : If a vehicle prevents passage and it is not possible to move it.
- Object on track: any object that is an obstacle on the road.